Saturday, July 18, 2009

Day 14 - Takayama's Charm


Our rooms had wirless internet, and Dennis and I were glad to use it until 11am, when we decided to walk the town. It was raining, of course, so it wasn't the best of days. First, I had to go to the post office and mail my broken camera back to Taiwan to get fixed. I have some bad luck with digital cameras, so I hope it will be able to be fixed. I don't know why, but the lens wouldn't close. So, hopefully, it is just a small problem to be solved.

After the post office, we walked down the street to visit another temple. This one was nice because it had an old growth tree on the gounds looking large and old. Plus, they had a temple tower, with a needle on the top, resembling temples I had seen in Thailand, but with a Japanese flavour.
After the temple, we walked to a Japanese bridge to see the old part of town. The roads were narrow, and the buildings one or two stories tall. You could see it was an ancient market, modernized for the hundreds of tourists walking around. Each building was either a tea shop, restaurant, or souvenir shop.

One striking memory I have was the amazingly sexy Japanese girl I spotted. Unlike other Japanese girls, this one had a strong tan, and was not shy of showing it off, walking down the street with her long legs. I had to get a closer look and walked past her. We both glanced at each other and exchanged flirtatious smiles. It made me realize two things; first, I need to learn more Japanese! And the other is, I might be 30, but still not too old for sexy young women! Thank god!

The walk around town was long, and we visited every corner we could, our curiousity driving us to another place for a better photo, another cultural site, away from the crowds. All this walking made us tired, so we went back to enjoy playing with our computers and getting a good rest in our most comfortable of rooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment